The purpose of the society is to preserve and protect Mount Douglas Park.
The activities include:
– Advising Saanich on trails, roads, radio tower and other municipal activities within the Park
– Monitoring effects of human use on this natural park; and taking action where required
– Battling invasive species
– Restoring fish habitat and salmon to Douglas Creek, which is served by a 524 ha urbanized watershed containing about 5000 dwellings
– Increasing public awareness of the Park and the Creek